The following things happened ...
- The freemoves gained such popularity that ...
- The Gecko replaced the Fanatic Shark completely - NO MORE Sharks !!
- The Fanatic Hawk 135 disappeared
- The BLAST as a "free carve" showed up and then
- The Hawks disappeared completely - NO MORE Hawks !!
Here is an extract from the 2017 Fanatic brochure:
|clique to enlarge|
These comments don't surprise me due to the narrow tail of the Gecko, but I do NOT see how the Blast would be any better in that regard. However, sailor in question also has a Fanatic Falcon LightWind 152 which should be fine with an 8.x sail and the appropriate fin. Since I have a JP SLW92 which is similar to that Falcon, those boards are fine in 8.x weather if and when there is NOT much chop. With 90+ cm width they tend to slap the water if one is not skimming over it !!
Force10 mentions "nose dives" in his reviews as do even some reviews on the shorter Free Moves.
Fanatic Blast 2017 from Fanatic International on Vimeo.