Translator from GOOGLE

Summary of 2023 WindSurfing

As it is now almost February, 2024 ... 

I guess I better summarize 2023, before I jump the gun on 2024 ! The reason I write about "jumping the gun" is ... every year around this time I "start the shop" ... because I am drooling and dreaming of getting back on the water !!

Maybe now I understand better why the folks go south to hit the water in the winter months ...

 I was out on the ice and snow eleven times in 2023 (includes DEC 2022) and thirty-eight times out on the water. Both of these numbers are slightly above the annual averages ...

For the winter season I purchased a used MauiSails Global 5-oh. 

The winter season was finished up North and Charlie got this amazing shot !!

Since my van died in 2019, I can no longer transport larger boards to the beach. This is a blessing in disguise because after that I was "forced" to concentrate on "short boards". It also forced me to think outside the box:

 
I was also fortunate this year cuz buddy Hellmoot / Helmut brought my "longboard", the MEQ II, up north to the chalet. That board sat idle for many years and people are offering to buy it !!

I had sold my MauiSails Tr-4 10-oh sail and was wondering if I had made an error because my GA Swift 10m² is starting to show its age ☹️. The good newz is ... some of the larger sails now take a 490cm mast (of which I have plenty). So, I purchased an old 2005 SW Retro 9.5 with no cambers and so far, I am loving it !! Check the video link:
 

As I feel I have too many boards, I made sure that I at least tried them ALL out to see if they were gonna be SOLD. So far, none are for sale/sail lol 
I will most
probably also keep my MauiSails TR-6 8.4 fully cambered sail too !!
 
We also got the Montreal windsurf SITES page available again !! 
 

 wishing you all
GOOD Winds in 2024 !!

No comments :

Post a Comment

all comments are now moderated = sorry.
due to comment spam
MUST have google account ...