Translator from GOOGLE

November 2019

Well, windsurf on da water season is WELL over
Wrote my 2019 windsurf session summary : ONLY 16 sessions on the water
with 50% being counted as up at the out-law chalet !!

https://joewindsurfer.blogspot.com/2019/12/summary-of-2019-windsurf-sessions.html

My hernia operation took one year before it actually occurred from the date of planning
We spoke about it in October 2018 - when cannabis was legalized in Canada :-)

In February I refused it because my mother was diagnosed with ovarian cancer
and my mother-in-law was not well - she was dying ...

That's already four(4) months after the planning date - 1/3 of the year ...

Declined in March too, but you are only allowed three(3) trials and then ya hafta restart the whole process all over again - fuck that shit ^&*(

During the next discussions the Van Willebrand factor came up in discussion
This was becuz my son Jerry had some major bleeding during his jaw surgery
I told everyone it was NOT worth it - it was my wife Leigh who had it !!
This other internist insisted #$%^&*()

The first test was lost, fucked up, whatever, BUT after eight(8) fucking weeks $%^&*()
Next test results came six weeks later and I was cleared
Using simple math what are we up to now ??

April +8+6 weeks = April + 14 weeks = April + 3 months = July 2019

BINGO- the next operation was scheduled in August
It always seemed to be the 3rd Thursday of the month
Anyhooo, that one was cancelled one week before the occurrence via phone from PRIVATE
There was a "shortage of staff" - seems there was some issue with overtime pay and too much overtime !! whatever ...

OK, what happened in September ??

I was lying in the hospital bed in one of their infamous gowns after arriving @ 7h00 a.m.
A young nurse came into the "cubicle" and said she was sorry - my operation was cancelled
We took the rest o' that fuckin' week off - was SOOOO pissed

In October they called us at 22h00 the night before - there were too many operations and they need the WHOLE pre-op area !!! After that I spoke to the director of the operating rooms and logistics and he stated my file would be moved to the high priority pile ...

My operation was still booked for the 3rd Thursday of the next month -- November 21st
In-between I went to see my ophthalmologist who stated my cataract was ready to be corrected
This was done on November 12th in Lachine

I told my wife that from now on we need to go to the city for critical medical stuff
However, it is VERY convenient to be able to drive 10 minutes down the highway to St-Eustache
Sessions with the ophthalmologist downtown were more tricky and time consuming

The evening before the hernia operation date we got a call from a PRIVATE number and we got nervous. It was because we were first ta go and needed to be there by 6h30

WOOHOO

By 7h30 I was shaved and prepped - ready to go
By 8h00 I was in the real pre-op room
               Doctor Vaillancourt told me they anticipated no problems and with laproscopy
                            I could go back to work in 2-4 weeks - damn
                            She also had an emergency waiting, but I WAS FIRST !!
                            btw she was also called @ 22h00 in October with the cancellations !!
By 8h30 I was in the operating room
               Taking deep breaths from the oxygen mask
                Anesthesiologist says,"If you hear a ringing in your ears or pressure in your head ..."
At 11h30 I was back in the real pre-op room waking up
                They took the catheter out - no-one told me - good thing no-one told me
                 My mouth was dry as shit - this one I was aware about
                 The legs still had the intermittent pneumatic compression device on
                 Apparently my fat cells were stuck to my skin ?? keto ??
                 Doctor tells me they tried to go through the navel, but had to abort and cut
                 My convalescence was now increased to six(6) weeks - back @ start of Jan 2020 !!
By 13h00 I was with my wife who told me she was getting nervous earlier !!
                 Other patients were coming and going and I was still not back !!
                 The nurse at the station informed her there were some complications, but ok           
                  They took out the IV, gave me Tylenol and made me pee
                  I was surprised they left me in the bathroom alone as I was standing and
                  having issues holding myself up
                  Naturally I peed blood and clots too - absolutely disgusting

We took the wheelchair to the hospital door
At home I rested in our lazy-boy that day and probably most of the first week
Since I was uncomfortable, I slept in the guest room on my back
For the pain I avoided opioids and instead used an alternative legal methodology ...

I was worried about body functions and made sure masturbation still worked :-)
All was good, but a couple of days later my scrotum and penis turned blue
Can I do it until I turn blue ha ha ha
The literature says this is normal and to put ice on it - fuck that
The blue went away slowly and one week later the 22 staples were removed @ the CLSC

The most painful action was sitting down and getting up - used my arms alot
Walked at the grocery store with a cane to warn people around me
Was able to take showers with my back to the spray

By the 2nd week I took off the medical tape from when the staples were removed.
I drove to the Polyclinique in a snow storm in the evening to pick up a signed Resolute FP HR form that they INSISTED I get signed even though they had a document from my surgeon ALREADY.
My wife cannot drive in the dark - especially when raining or snowing ...

NOT only did I hafta drive in a fucking snowstorm with snow squalls, butt it also cost me sixty-five fucking dollars!! AND we had ta go twice when I brought the Resolute HR form in - missing one form from surgeon and they want CA$H #$%^&*()_+

This is NOT covered by Resolute FP nor the health insurance company SunLife.
I already sent in a comprehensible document with the required information for time off work @#$%^&

THANKS RESOLUTE #$%^&*()

Now after the third week from 21NOV2019 I am able to bend down almost completely
and I have to stop myself from doing things
Have started cooking again too ...
Actually made pancakes and Belgian waffles ...
Now I need to memorize the recipe or put it on my phone !!

Reminder: between the many delays, two tests for Van Willebrand factor and eye surgery there were pre-op visits to the hospital and then the eyedrops, floaty things (PVD ?? posterior vitreous detachment ??) in my eye = FUCK !! The person at ophthalmologist's office said all normal & go to optometrist office as already scheduled in January - NICE medical system !!

Each time I went to the pre-op at the hospital for the hernias there was an EKG test and then off to the blood clinique down the road, well, in the neighbourhood ...

One time they called me back - there was an anomaly in my EKG
Went for another one and it seems I am so healthy in my EKG that I am off the charts !!

Also, the blood test is ONLY for hemoglobin levels
Back when I was nineteen I was asked if I was an athlete based on those levels in me blood
Told the nurse the only exercise I got was bending my elbows with beer, smokin' cigarettes & sex :-)

===================================================================

Update: It is now four(4) weeks later and I am feeling depressed ...
               Ice is forming on the lakes and rivers and I am nowhere ready to windsurf on ice ...
My healing seems slower than some on the web ..
I can bend down to the floor to pick things up and can walk a little faster
In the bed cuts feel a little uncomfortable and I again prefer to sleep on my back
This means naps - day and night - don't sleep all night again ...
I am able to walk a little faster now, but am nervous since roads have ice n snow ...
Did not go downtown for team dinner - NOT ready for long travel nor public transit ...
Able to make love without any discomfort :-)

Here is an interesting discussion about windsurfing after an inguinal hernia:

https://forum.slowtwitch.com/forum/Slowtwitch_Forums_C1/Triathlon_Forum_F1/_inguinal_hernia_and_recovery_P4538579/?page=-1


No comments :

Post a Comment

all comments are now moderated = sorry.
due to comment spam
MUST have google account ...